Tuesday 18 August 2015

Throw it at the wall and see what sticks.



Seems to be my selling strategy at the moment. It may sound a bit random, but that's because it is.

As a non jewelry wearing non bead buyer, who makes beads and jewelry, ( I know. . . )  I can't really second guess what a potential buyer will want. Actually, I'm not sure to what extent even expert beaders and jewelry makers can second guess the market anyway. .

So I just follow my own ideas and if all goes well, put the results up for sale in my shop. As it only costs 20 cents to do that, what have I got to lose?



I suppose my only worry is that I will eventually have a shop full of unpopular unsold items just sloshing about looking sad. And that my time might be better spent just making loads of the things that sell.

Well, OK, I do that a bit. If disk beads are selling well, I will make some more, but I won't drop everything else.

People say that the more items you have for sale, the more choice the buyer has, which makes sense to me, but I guess there is a point at which you say 'enough is enough'. If nobody was buying cufflinks, I could keep making them until I had 200 pairs, but it would be somewhat pointless.



Beads are less of an issue than jewelry, bead supply shops have hundreds of listings, so I guess I'm fine with keeping on knocking them out as the urge dictates.

So I guess my selling strategy is 'Throw it at the wall and see what sticks - within reason'.
What do you think? Does that work? Have I missed some obvious disadvantage? ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment