Monday 19 September 2016

Moved House - Outcome 10/10. Process 3/10.





A big old farmhouse with chimneys that look like rabbit ears, if your brain is like mine.
Some poor bugger is going to have to cut that enormous lawn regularly. . . Um. . . that would be me. . .

Well, we finally managed it. The stress and anxiety is behind us. At least the particular stress and anxiety around moving house is behind us. There may be other kinds of stress ahead, but they will be pale imitations of house move stress. And our move wasn't all that bad compared to other peoples'. . . I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that we experienced human nature in it's raw state, and British contract law as it concerns house selling and buying in all it's ludicrous glory.
But, all that aside, we are here in our new home and couldn't be happier. Don't you just love a happy ending?

Apples, (various) Greengages, Damsons, Quince, Medlar, Mulberry, Pear, Walnut, er. . I think that's it.

So anyway, this blog has been neglected, not even reaching the dizzy heights of becoming a pale imitation of it's previous self, but left to gather virtual dust and cobwebs - due to me understandably having other things on my mind.
I have still been making beads and suchlike though, listing them on Etsy and posting on Facebook. Just a bit less often than before.

My own crackle technique. . .


I have felt suitably guilty about not posting here, and as the weeks went by and the different stuff I created built up, undocumented, I have felt a bit overwhelmed by the backlog. So what I have decided is that I will just skip the last few months creative output apart from a quick picture or two, and start again from now. 


Long texture beads



Faux ceramic style rolled bicones, beads the auto spell check insists are actually 'bacons'. . And 'diablo' shape beads, crackled and varnished 

There will be some house orientated content, but nothing too self indulgent I hope. Anyway, a blog is a self indulgent thing by definition so it's going to reflect the generality of my life as well as the particular creative avenue I am following.


New house texture background. Cool but distracting.


OK.

Intention set.

As you were. . . . . .

Jon x

3 comments:

  1. Woohooo!! You're back!! And OMG - look at your house!!!!!!!!!!

    You are one lucky guy Jon!! It's simply gorgeous!! All of it!!!! I can't use enough exclamation points here apparently!!

    Love it - love it - love it - wish it was mine. And I live in a huge blue barn....sigh.....

    And your beads!! Look how unique and beautiful they are! Love the new style on top of your old style. They are all gorgeous bacon!!

    I've wondered often how your move was going. Yes! I actually did!

    Now - can you show us your studio by any chance? Would that be too self-indulgent on my part for asking??

    Glad you are back. Glad you have moved to such a fantastic place - glad you are creating.

    Welcome back Jon. You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome! ;-) I'm very glad to be settled once again. It is a great house and an amazing garden. I still can't quite believe we are here. The house is in need of 'updating' but we like old sinks and taps and suchlike, so we won't be going mad and modernising much at all. Just stuff that needs it in our view. The garden is the labour of love of the previous owner, who lived here for forty years. He left us loads of tools and three different lawn mowers, including a sit on one for the huge lawn. (fun!) We have four geese, two chickens and a pair of guinea fowl thrown in. . .
      Anyway, I won't go on. Your big blue barn sounds great. I'll do a post about my workshop/studio space soon.
      J

      Delete
  2. It's your own little piece of contentment and heaven combined.
    We don't have the size of lot you do but the barn sits on a double lot. The ride-on lawnmower has been a godsend. It used to take 4 hours to cut the lawn - now it takes one and a half. That leaves a lot more time in the studio actually having fun!
    Your lucky he left all those tools - that cuts down on huge costs especially for maintaining these older buildings. I'm a huge fan of old stuff and haven't modernized (much) around here except for what really needed it as well.
    The geese and chickens and guinea fowl sound like you've got a morning wake-up troop! Such fun!
    Again - I think you are very lucky and smart in your new purchase. Looking forward to seeing the studio and whatever else your new abode tweaks your brain to produce.

    ReplyDelete