Wednesday 10 September 2014

My newest obsession

I've recently discovered Polymer Clay and all the interesting things that can be done with it. It is connected, in my mind at least, with the abstract work I make on my computer, in the texture generating parts of 3D software. There I often produce faux real textures, which can resemble wood, metal, rock etc, and I make abstract patterns using the same procedures.
With polymer clay I can imitate and echo different mediums and surfaces in actual 3d form. Faux glass, stone, wood etc. I'm finding the whole area fascinating.
So much so that I have just started an Etsy shop to feature the things I am making as I experiment. These things are mainly beads, as beads are perfectly suited to the medium of Polymer clay, are a large part of what polymer clay is used to produce, and are in themselves historically significant in human history. I have seen pictures of beads said to be 40,000 years old, which is hell of an age to be ;-)

Here's a couple of things I've put up for sale. As you can see I am definitely on the 'rustic' end of things, partly due to inclination and quite probably at least partly due to lack of precise skill at this stage. That said, as far as I am concerned they work well and reflect something of who I am I think. . .







No comments:

Post a Comment